Overview of MS Teams
What are the key features of Microsoft Teams?
- To find your way around Microsoft Teams – a high level overview of the Microsoft Teams in education.
- What are teams and channels? – use this for an overview of the structure of Microsoft Teams in education.
- Foster classroom collaboration – learn how to foster collaboration through one on one chat or group chat.
- File saving and sharing – this resource shows how files are saved and stores and how you can use this feature as an Educator.
- How to use apps within Microsoft Teams – how to use education apps within the Microsoft Team.
- Video chat and virtual meetings – this will help you to understand how to use video chat and meetings feature within education. Please note: you will not see the calendar functionality unless you are on Exchange Online and most staff are on the on premises version of Exchange. Students will see this functionality as they are on Exchange Online.
Getting to know the Microsoft Teams canvas?
Know the basics but want to know more about the activity feed and notifications? Use this section to explore the Microsoft Teams canvas a little more.
- Explore your activity feed – to find a summary of everything that’s happened in the Teams you are a part of will appear in this feed. Find out what all the different symbols mean.
- Overview of notifications – the six things you need to know about managing notifications in your Teams.
- Personalise your notifications – check your settings for your notifications and personalise your space.
- Pin a Team or Channel – want to prioritise your workspace; use this to pin a team or channel.
- Use the search function – can’t find an old message, or chat? Use the search function to find them.
- Tips and tricks – six key things you need to know including tips on chat, formatting, and searching and hiding messages.