2023 STARS conference
Event has expired!
Please note that this event has expired.
The STARS Conference is not for profit, organised by the sector for the sector. It provides the opportunity to disseminate and discuss current research, good practice, emerging initiatives and leading edge ideas that are aimed at enhancing students’ tertiary learning experiences.
The conference provides the opportunity to disseminate and discuss current research, good practice, emerging initiatives and leading edge ideas that are aimed at enhancing students’ tertiary learning experiences. Discussion on a wide variety of subjects is encouraged and focuses on the following topics:
- Students – who are they, what are their needs, what works for different cohorts, strategies for broader social inclusion and increasing participation in tertiary education, participation of first nation peoples
- Transitions – pathways to tertiary education, transitions into (the first year experience) during (work integrated learning) and from tertiary education including graduate employability, and capstone experiences
- Achievement – strategies promoting student achievement including curricular and co-curricular reform, employability, gamification and simulation enhanced learning
- Retention – program, discipline, whole of institution, inter-institutional and sector collaborations designed to improve student retention, threshold skills and concepts
- Success – student engagement, technology enhanced learning, understanding students expectations and realities, psychological wellbeing, application of learning analytics
REGISTER: 2023 STARS conference
Venue: The Sofitel Brisbane, 249 Turbot Street, Brisbane
Dates: Monday 3 – Wednesday 5 July 2023
Attendance type: in-person
Early-bird Registration ends 29 April 2023