DEAKINAIR USER GUIDES
DeakinAir allows for a lot more interactivity between CloudDeakin unit sites and the DeakinAir interface. When you upload a DeakinAir video to CloudDeakin you will be able to access basic editing functions, change publishing status, create subclips and share your videos in the unit’s Media Gallery, all from within the CloudDeakin environment.
DTeach have created a suite of resources to assist you to become more familiar with DeakinAir. Below you can find step-by-step PDF guides covering all of the DeakinAir basic features.
To make video more accessible for all individuals and those with disabilities, DeakinAir will automatically add machine generated captions. With the addition of machine captions DeakinAir now has an extra functionality. You can now order, edit closed captions in DeakinAir and disable them if needed.
Videos uploaded prior to Trimester 2 2020 will not have captions automatically added to them, but the media owner of pre-existing videos on DeakinAir can order captions if needed.
Refer to Kaltura Reach Guide for more information.
– Uploading a video to DeakinAir
– Searching for a DeakinAir video
– Searching video content using captions
– Using the Timeline Function in Edit mode
– Using the Thumbnails Function in Edit mode
– Using the Options Function in Edit mode
– Creating a DeakinAir channel
– Using the Collaboration function in Edit mode
– Creating a sub-clip in CloudDeakin
– Add a clip to a page using ‘Insert Stuff’
– Add captions to a DeakinAir video
– Using the Video Editing Tools
– Using Kaltura Reach
‘Getting started’ tutorials guide you through the platform of DeakinAir.
Within DeakinAir, you can find Kaltura Capture. It is a webcam, screen, and audio recorder which creates easy video capture in class, at the office, at home, or on-the-go.
You can access Kaltura Capture via the software centre/Self Service or DeakinAir.