Deakin Video Guides
Deakin Video provides streamlined access to video content from classroom capture, including live-streaming within a single platform.
Technical Guides – Linking Videos to CloudDeakin
Deakin Video gives you the ability to capture and record presentations and link these to your CloudDeakin site.
By providing your media through Deakin Video, you are ensuring that your students can easily playback presentations depending on their internet connection at home or outside of Deakin. Students are provided with various playback formats including the ability to stream or download vodcasts and podcasts files.
Creating a Video Link – STAGE 1
Note: Only staff with Unit Chair or Lecturer access will be able to create Deakin Video links.
- Log into CloudDeakin using your Deakin Username and Password.
- Select the unit you wish to add the Deakin Video link to.
- Click the Content link from the Navigation Bar at the top of the Unit page.
- Go to the module you wish to add the Deakin Video class presentation link.
- Click the Existing Activities link then select External Learning Tools.
- A pop-up box will appear, select Deakin Video.
Creating a Video Link – STAGE 2
- From the List of Resources, click on the link to Deakin Video that you have just created.
- You can now choose to:
- Link to Catalog (All presentations)Click on the Link to Catalog button next to the unit offering you wish to make available to your students. You can also preview the list of Deakin Video presentations before you create the link (this will open in a new tab).
- Link to individual class presentations: Click the + button next to expand the unit offering and show the available individual recordings. Click on the Link to Presentation button to link to the desired presentation. You can also preview a presentation before you create the link (this will open in a new tab).
Navigate to an individual Deakin Video presentation
Clicking an individual presentation will display the Deakin Video presentation title, time and date, and description. You are also provided with five options:
- To stream the video in Deakin Video Player;
- To listen to just the audio in the browser;
- To download just the Audio in .mp3 format;
- To open the video within the browser;
- and to download the video in M4V format
If you linked to all the presentations for the unit by selecting the ‘Link to Catalog’ option, the link will open the catalogue for teaching staff and students.
The Catalog allows students to:
- Access all the audio and visual presentations for your unit.
- Stream a presentation using the Deakin Video Player.
- Download Vodcast and Podcast files.
- Watch live streaming