Echo System decommissioning
Echo System is a legacy class capture system and it was replaced with DeakinVideo (Mediasite) in T3 2018. Please be advised that Echo System has now been decommissioned.
This may affect you and/or your students if you are currently linking directly to any recordings or other videos hosted on Echo System. You may notice such links will no longer work.
- When will Echo System be decommissioned?
Echo360 was decommissioned on Thursday, 4 Feb 2021.
- Why is Echo System decommissioned?
Echo System is a legacy class capture system which was replaced with DeakinVideo (Mediasite) in T3 2018.
- What about my recordings in Echo System?
All recordings in Echo System will be archived on secondary tapes as part of the decommissioning process.
- What about my Echo System links in CloudDeakin?
You will not be able to create any new Echo System links in CloudDeakin.
- What if I need a recording from Echo System post decommissioning?
All recordings will be archived on secondary tapes and retrieval will take a number of days. If you require access to an archived recording, please raise a ServiceNow ticket including the following information:
- Presentation ID (Click on the Echo System link in your CloudDeakin unit site to find the presentation id)Please note this is a manual process and retrieval or recordings may take up to 10 working days.
- What Echo System alternatives are available to me?
You can use DeakinAir or DeakinVideo to upload and manage existing Echo recordings or to create new recordings.
Please contact your Faculty Learning Innovation team or IT Help if you need assistance with the above.