Echo System Decimmissioning
Echo System is a legacy class capture system and it was replaced with DeakinVideo (Mediasite) in T3 2018. Please be advised that Echo System has now been decommissioned.
This may affect you and/or your students if you are currently linking directly to any recordings or other videos hosted on Echo System. You may notice such links will no longer work.
- When will Echo System be decommissioned?
Echo360 was decommissioned on Thursday, 4 Feb 2021.
- Why is Echo System decommissioned?
Echo System is a legacy class capture system which was replaced with DeakinVideo (Mediasite) in T3 2018.
- What about my recordings in Echo System?
All recordings in Echo System will be archived on secondary tapes as part of the decommissioning process.
- What about my Echo System links in CloudDeakin?
You will not be able to create any new Echo System links in CloudDeakin.
- What if I need a recording from Echo System post decommissioning?
All recordings will be archived on secondary tapes and retrieval will take a number of days. If you require access to an archived recording, please raise a ServiceNow ticket including the following information:
- Presentation ID (Click on the Echo System link in your CloudDeakin unit site to find the presentation id)Please note this is a manual process and retrieval or recordings may take up to 10 working days.
- What Echo System alternatives are available to me?
You can use DeakinAir or DeakinVideo to upload and manage existing Echo recordings or to create new recordings.
Please contact your Faculty T&L support team or IT Help if you need assistance with the above