OnTrack – Users
User accounts in OnTrack include both student and staff accounts. There are two ways to create user accounts, manually and batch.
Edit an existing User
- Log in to OnTrack.
- Select Manage Users from the Administration dropdown in the top right menu.
- To edit an existing user, select the user in the list, and this will open the Edit user modal.
- From this menu, you can edit the following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Preferred Name
- System Role – Student | Tutor | Convenor/Unit Chair | Administrator.
Create a New User
- From the Manage Users page, click the Add New User button on the bottom right to open the Create User modal.
- This is identical to the edit user modal previously discussed, however, you can also set the username for the account.
Note: You cannot change the username.
Batch Import/Export Users
Users can be batch imported and exported by using a CSV file. To find the format of the CSV to be uploaded, you can click the download button in the users export panel to view the format, even if there are no users enrolled.
Enrol & Mange Students
There are 4 options for administering students in units:
- Batch enroll or withdraw students
- Manually enroll or withdraw a student
- View and change student class allocations
- View student page
All of these actions take place in the student tab of the unit administration page.
- Log in to OnTrack.
- Select the Administer Units section.
- Click on the unit you are administering.
- Finally, select the Students tab.
- From the students page, you can perform the various student administration tasks.
Batch Enroll / Withdraw
The batch enrollment section is located on the right hand side of the page. You can batch enroll students by dropping a CSV file with the student details. To view the format of the CSV required, simply download the current student enrollment (even if there are no enrolled students), to view the format and fields required.
- Select the blue Batch Enroll or red Batch Withdraw button in the batch upload panel
- Simply drag and drop the batch CSV, or select the dotted upload block to open a file navigator.
- After processing, OnTrack will alert you to any incorrect fields / errors.
To manually enroll a student, click on Enroll Student on the bottom right-hand side of the page, and simply enter the student ID and tutorial code.
Note: The student account must already be created in OnTrack, you can ensure this by asking the student to log in once. If the Tutorial Code is left blank (if not known), the student will still be enrolled, however no tutorial will be assigned.
To withdraw a student from the unit, click the green tick box in the Enrolled column for the appropriate student.
View or Change Student Allocation
The student class / tutorial allocation is listed in the Tutorial column, with a dropdown box highlighting the currently assigned tutorial code.
To change this allocation, simply select the dropdown box and change the tutorial to one of the other options presented.
View student page
Any other actions to be performed on an individual student are accessible from that student’s individual profile page. This is accessible by clicking the blue link in the username column.