OnTrack – User groups
To manage students in a group, first you need to ensure your unit has group sets setup. A group set is a definition of the types of groups you can have in a unit. To setup a group set:
- Log in to OnTrack.
- Select Manage Units from the Administration dropdown list.
- Select the unit you wish to administer.
- Select the Group tab (last tab).
- Select New Group Set button at the bottom right corner. You will now see a new group created in the Group Set list, select the edit button to edit the following options:
- Name – The name of the group set, by default this is called “Group Work”.
- Create Groups – Who has permissions to create new groups in the group set, “staff only” or “staff and students”.
- Manage Groups – Who has permissions to manage groups in the group set, “staff only” or “staff and students”.
- Restrict to Tutorials – if true, then only students from the same tutorial can be in a group.
- Select Save then select the group set name in the group sets list to view more information:
- Create a group of students in the group set, by typing a group name, and selecting Create Group button:
- Add students to the group by typing the student name and then selecting Add Member button:
You can also export and import CSV files for batch group allocation. To view the correct format of the CSV file for import, you can export the CSV by selecting Download CSV.