OnTrack – User groups
To manage students in a group, first you need to ensure your unit has group sets setup. A group set is a definition of the types of groups you can have in a unit. To setup a group set:
- Log in to OnTrack.
- Select Manage Units from the Administration dropdown list.
- Select the unit you wish to administer.
- Select the Group tab (last tab).
- Select New Group Set button at the bottom right corner. You will now see a new group created in the Group Set list, select the edit button to edit the following options:
- Name – The name of the group set, by default this is called “Group Work”.
- Create Groups – Who has permissions to create new groups in the group set, “staff only” or “staff and students”.
- Manage Groups – Who has permissions to manage groups in the group set, “staff only” or “staff and students”.
- Restrict to Tutorials – if true, then only students from the same tutorial can be in a group.
- Select Save then select the group set name in the group sets list to view more information:
- Create a group of students in the group set, by typing a group name, and selecting Create Group button:
- Add students to the group by typing the student name and then selecting Add Member button: