OnTrack – Unit statistics
There are a number of different statistics available within the OnTrack, which can be viewed at any time during a unit by the teaching staff. We will explore how to view and interpret the different types of statistics. To view all unit statistics:
- Log in to OnTrack.
- Select the unit from the Units You Teach list.
- From the top-left menu, select Unit Analytics.
- You will now be presented with the unit analytics page.
The first tab provides two CSV download options:
- Task Completion Statistics – A breakdown of each student’s progress through the unit tasks.
- Tutor Assessment Statistics – A breakdown of the number of tasks assessed by each tutor in the unit (useful for calculating marking pay)
Task status statistics
Task Status Statistics provides a breakdown of each task’s status. For example in the image below, ~28% of the unit’s tasks are complete.
Most of the statistics can be broken down into 3 categories noted by the three-switch at the top-right.
- Building Icon – indicates the shown statistics are throughout the whole unit.
- Pencil Icon – indicates the shown statistics are throughout an individual tutorial.
- Chart Icon – indicates the shown statistics are broken down by task.
Note: These categories apply to multiple statistics views.
Target grade statistics
Shows a breakdown of target grades chosen by students:
The task statistics page simply shows every student’s progress in each of the tasks. Each bubble represents a tutorial, and the size of the bubble represents the amount of students in the tutorial. The placement of the tutorial across the X axis shows which state the task is in. In the example below, most of the tasks are in the “not started” state: