DTeach is Deakin University’s hub for innovation in higher education teaching practice
Deakin University has always been ahead of the curve for innovation in teaching and learning practice. Almost 50 years ago, our pioneering approach to distance education established an open campus approach where students could study on campus and off campus. Now in the 21st century we are at the forefront of digital education with a world-class online learning platform utilised by 60,000+ students and a position in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU Rankings 2020).
DTeach was created as a hub for news, information and resources relating to teaching and learning innovation at Deakin. DTeach is maintained by a small group of communication and UX specialists from University Communications and Deakin Learning Futures (DLF).
Deakin Learning Futures (DLF) supports and enables the University to create transformative learning experiences where:
- all capable students can achieve their learning goals and graduates become lifelong learners
- learning harnesses the power of ideas to build capabilities for an uncertain future
- Deakin is a preferred partner for students, graduates, industry and community.
We achieve this through nine interconnected DLF teams:
- Learning Innovation (Arts and Education)
- Learning Innovation (Business and Law)
- Learning Innovation (Health)
- Learning Innovation (Science, Engineering and Built Environment)
- Strategic Educational Initiatives
- Digital Learning
- Learning Design
- Teaching Capability
- Global Studio
We believe in enabling student access to the transformative power of higher education for individual and social good. Driving the digital and pedagogical frontier, we provide educational leadership to Deakin teaching teams and to higher education globally.
We collaborate with staff, students and partners to co-design future-focussed, sustainable, inclusive, learner centred experiences and promote a culture of excellence.
We partner with Deakin communities to build capability and excellence in teaching, learning and operations.
Leading strategic change and innovation, we are informed by scholarly evidence and practice, and enabled by digital fluency, positivity and creativity.
Stay in the loop
Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to our podcast