Transitioning Teaching Online – How to support students
Teaching & Learning
We’re working hard to ensure that all Deakin students have access to the resources and information they need to transition to online study.
We’ve created the transitioning to online study resource on the Deakin Life blog which includes a short series of articles about how to successfully study online. Students will also find more information about how they can access essential support services from home if required.
Here are some of the ways students can access support from home:
- Students will have the option of calling or emailing Student Central.
- Language and Learning advisers will be available for 30 minute online appointments.
- Study Support will be able to answer quick and simple questions via email.
- Writing and Maths mentors will be available through BB Collaborate drop-in sessions from Monday 23 March.
- All PASS sessions will recommence from Monday 23 March offered online as additional CloudPASS sessions from Monday 23 March.
- Smarthinking is Deakin’s online tutoring service that allows students to reach out for assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- If a student has an IT issue they can be directed to call IT Help as usual.
The University is ensuring all students are kept informed and feeling supported with weekly newsletters that will include messages from the Dean of students or the Deputy Vice Chancellor Education. The newsletters will include messages about health and wellbeing, as well as tips and advice from current Cloud Campus students, student mentors and Learning and Language Advisors.
All students will also receive timely notifications via DeakinSync and messages on their unit sites.
Check the Study Support site from Monday 23 March for more information about how students will access study advice and feedback on their work.