With Yin Paradies
Yin Paradies provided a comprehensive insight into our collective challenge to be inclusive of indigenous students, and, to embed indigenous knowledges and perspectives in our curriculum.
Some indigenous perspectives that challenge a Western culture’s rationalist view include:
- Circularity and continuity of time and space
- And/both instead of either/or binary thinking
- Wisdom, consent, respect, generosity and autonomy
- Knowing and being and doing (stories, art, song and dance)
- Combines reason with feeling, intuition and imagination
- Caring and embodied relationship with (non-) humans, including the land and sea within a living cosmos (Yin Paradies, 28 May presentation)
Want new articles before they get published? Subscribe to our DTeach Newsletter.