VICE CHANCELLOR’S AWARDS
What are the Vice Chancellor’s Awards?
The Vice-Chancellor’s Learning Awards recognise and celebrate learning and teaching at Deakin University and the elaboration and implementation of Deakin’s LIVE agenda. In addition, the awards assist the University to develop nominations for the Australian Awards for University Teaching.
VC AWARDS AT DEAKIN OVERVIEW
Up to 12 Learning awards are allocated each year and all applications are eligible to be considered for an Award for Teaching Excellence (individual or team) with the top four selected to receive the following awards:
- Vice Chancellor’s Award for Teacher OR Teaching Team of the Year (one award per year)
- WJC Banks Award for Distinguished Contributions to Teaching and Learning (individual or team, one award per year)
- Jim and Alison Leslie Award for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching and Learning (individual or team, one award per year)
- Deakin University Award for Excellence in Teaching for Student Employability (individual or team, one award per year)
HOW DO I APPLY?
Deakin University academic and general staff are eligible to apply. Please note that only academic staff will proceed to the Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Teacher of the Year. Teaching Team of the Year may include professional staff.
- Individual and team applications are welcome, teams may be up to ten.
- Previous recipients of a Deakin Learning Award who have been team lead, or an individual recipient, are ineligible to apply for the subsequent two years as individuals or as the team lead..
For further information and details on all prizes and awards see the Vice-Chancellor’s prizes and awards wiki and the current Awards Guidelines (see ‘additional resources’ tab below).
If you have any Learning Award queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday 8th July – Applications Open
Friday 2nd August – Applications Close
Thursday 21st November – Award Ceremony (Deakin Downtown)
Link to application portal (coming soon)
Link to Award Guidelines
PAST AWARD WINNERS