DEAKINAIR USER GUIDES
DeakinAir allows for a lot more interactivity between CloudDeakin unit sites and the DeakinAir interface. When you upload a DeakinAir video to CloudDeakin you will be able to access basic editing functions, change publishing status, create subclips and share your videos in the unit’s Media Gallery, all from within the CloudDeakin environment.
DTeach have created a suite of resources to assist you to become more familiar with DeakinAir. Below you can find step-by-step PDF guides covering all of the DeakinAir basic features.
To make video accessible for individuals with disabilities, transcripts or captioning is needed. DeakinAir does support closed captions.
A caption file contains both the text and information about when each line of text should be displayed. A caption is synonymous with subtitle and is usually displayed at the bottom of the screen. SubRip file format (SRT) is the text file formats that is supported by DeakinAir. It contains captions; including the time each subtitle should be displayed followed by the text of the subtitle. If the caption includes non-dialog text, the file is considered a closed caption.
Refer to the guide on how to add the captions to your DeakinAir video.
– Uploading a video to DeakinAir
– Searching for a DeakinAir video
– Searching video content using captions
– Using the Timeline Function in Edit mode
– Using the Thumbnails Function in Edit mode
– Using the Options Function in Edit mode
– Creating a DeakinAir channel
– Using the Collaboration function in Edit mode
– Creating a sub-clip in CloudDeakin
– Add a clip to a page using ‘Insert Stuff’
– Add captions to a DeakinAir video
– Using the Video Editing Tools
‘Getting started’ tutorials guide you through the platform of DeakinAir.
Within DeakinAir, you can find Kaltura Capture. It is a webcam, screen, and audio recorder which creates easy video capture in class, at the office, at home, or on-the-go.
You can access Kaltura Capture via the software centre/Self Service or DeakinAir.